Until recently, it was unthinkable to travel with only cryptocurrencies. Now it is becoming a reality for everyone.
The virtual currencies market is on the rise.
2017 was marked by the lightning growth of cryptocurrencies including that of Bitcoin, the first virtual currency and peer-to-peer payment system created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto.
At the beginning, Bitcoin’s value was only a few cents while today it has reached a record of 7900$ or 6700€.
Accessible to all and profitable to everyone.
In January 2015 Felix Weis, a Luxemburg programmer, flew around the world with the aim of using only virtual currencies. Once his bank account emptied, he invested and converted his money to Bitcoin. In eighteen months, he managed to travel to no less than fourteen countries – thanks to this cryptocurrency.
Now considered as the “new internet”, the world of cryptocurrencies is growing in popularity. More and more companies are interested in and accepting payments in Bitcoin which offer many advantages for its users. Indeed instant payments, no need to change currencies, and no fees or taxes… this system is an open invitation to travel.
You need a vacation and want some inspiration ?
Here is a list of airlines and travel agencies that currently accept Bitcoin transactions:
- destinia.fr: Travel Agency – Booking of flights, hotels, car rentals, apartments and other services.
- bitcoin.travel: Booking of flights, hotels, guest houses, lodgings, and restaurants.
- adormo.com : Apartments rentals.
- airbaltic.com : World’s first airline to accept Bitcoin.
- LOT Polish Airlines : Airline connecting to the main Polish cities.
- 13tickets: A platform for tourist experiences where you can pay with more than 370 cryptocurrencies
Bitcoin.com offers you a list of sites and places to spend your Bitcoin.
Because we can never be too careful, remember to take your GLOBCOIN Multi-currency MasterCard which will simplify your life and reduce your cost where ever you are.